Thursday 28 January 2010

Book Covers

Remember the Album covers? Weren't they lovely?
I went through my collection of books and I selected the prettiest ones. I know you can't judge a book by it's cover. But you can judge the cover.

Blue is definetely my favourite colour. I love the little drawings in the different shades of blue. I got this little book from my little sister. I immediately fell in love with the cover. It's so cute. And after reading it, I can say I love the content too. The book is filled with little fairytales.Do you know 'Wreck my Journal'? You should! It's an amazing way to explore different things and simply be creative. But it's about the cover here. I love the simple look of it. The tape is a funny detail. It isn't pretty or anything. It looks like something you could have done yourself. In this case, that's a good thing!Fleur got me this lovely book. She went to New York and visisted an exposition about paper. The book is filled with little papercuttings like the one on the cover. Isn't it amazing? Thank you Fleur!I bought this book last week. It's a modern cover with sweet colours and details. It's also a lovely story. But that's not what this article is about.This is a special book. Not only the cover is a quite interesting drawing, the whole book is filled with drawings. The drawings tell the story. I love how the cover really represents the mood of the book. I have a little weakness for drawn covers. ^^

Do you know any pretty bookcovers?

Karin.


Ps. I'll ask Fleur to do her H&M Wishlist tomorrow.. I'd love to see what she found.

1 comment:

  1. the "this is for you" cover is amazing.
    there must be lovely things in it :]

    <3

    ReplyDelete