Wednesday 18 August 2010

Postcrossing

All of you probably have already heard about this, at least I did, but I never joined. I always wanted to, but just never did. Postcrossing is a website you can join to send and receive postcards to and from random people in the world. I always love finding a postcard in my mail and I suppose a lot of you love it too. 
I started with sending a postcard to Germany, Finland and China and I'm now waiting to get some postcards from other people. I have to have a little patience, but I'm so excited!


A little bit about Postcrossing: 
"The goal of this project is to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world, for free. Well, almost free! The main idea is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive at least one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world."


And I always love to look at the statistics. At this moment Postcrossing has 203,868 members in 210 countries. Most of the users are female. 5% of the users is Dutch. 4,951,369 cards were received with Postcrossing. These cards  traveled 27,188,444,004 km (678,439 laps around the earth, 35,364 return trips to the moon).


Ofcourse I'll let you know when I receive some postcards!


Karin.



No comments:

Post a Comment